MAP event in Irvine (12 Aug. 2017)
Tickets are on sale for the event in Irvine on 12 Aug. 2017.
Location: Hotel Irvine
Part of the ticket price will go to donation and the rest will cover dinner and venue.
AIAP helped MAP to build up the first MAP private orphanage for 30 orphaned girls in Kerman, Iran. Thank you to everyone who contributed towards the renovation and furnishing of this home for our girls.
The following part is related to the walk/run on July 16 which is a past event.
AIAP is organizing its July hike via a fundraising event. We will get together at the above address and will start sharp at 8:00am. Please see the map for more details.
This event is donation-based or free. Donations can be collected via cash, check, credit card or online using the above link. Multiple tickets can be donated.
Donation by credit card will be available on the day of event. AIAP truly appreciate any amount of donation. All the payments will go to Moms Against Poverty (MAP) organization and will be used in Iran (Ardabil, Kurdestan and Mazandaran) for Mahd-e-Roosta project.
- Start point is located in front of building WA (above address) and finish line will be in front of building WT (shown on the map).
- Please register your name and receive raffle ticket once arriving at the location.
- There are two different courses of 1 mile and 3 miles, both going to start at 8:00am from the same point.
- The fastest runner in groups of men and women will receive prizes.
- This event is donation-based or free. Donations can be collected via cash or check. Donation by credit card will be also available at the day of the event.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- Raffling will be drawn at the end of event.
- Free parking is available all around the building (see the map) as well as street parking.
This is a joint event with Qualcomm to honor Moms Against Poverty organization and collect funds in order to empower MAP to afford Mahde-Roosta project.
Event attendees can park anywhere on Qualcomm campus. Please see the following image for parking informaion.
The Project in Iran
MAP is working on a project called Mahd-e-Roosta. The project benefits kids in farming family who are living in poverty to have safe place to stay and learn while their parents are at work.
Infant kids on these families are usually on their mother’s back while they work in the farm and older one become a farm labor from very young age.
These pre-school centers (Mahd-e-Roosta) provide a secure environment where parents can safely leave their children to learn and play in preparation for start of elementary school.
The children receive education and hot meals in a loving and nurturing environment while their parents work and support the family.
Note: "AIAP does not assume any responsibility for the safety and security of hikers, and shall not be held liable for any accident, injury, loss of property or damages as a result of joining the hiking event set up by AIAP. All hikers join the hiking events at their free will and assume all the accidental dangers of a hiking event, and shall not hold AIAP liable for any bodily, financial, or property damages."